Human Resources Admin Clerk III
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Summary
This position is responsible for supporting both the Human Resources Director and Managers and the successful operation of the Human Resources Department. This position performs routine office support functions including greeting visitors, answering phones, providing customer service, preparing communications, organizing files, scheduling appointments, performing general office procedures, maintaining HR databases, and supporting other staff. The position handles every day, recurring assignments and problems. This position coordinates the processing of benefits payments as well as departmental billing and purchasing, and serves as the office point of contact for office supplies, office maintenance and sanitation issues. Work is performed under moderate supervision.
Days: Monday - Friday
Work Hours: Monday 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.; Tuesday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Hours Per Shift: 8
Shifts Per Pay Period: 10
Position FTE: 1.00
Applications are being accepted from current County employees as well as members of the public.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Greet and assist customers in person, by telephone or other methods to provide information, answer questions or direct to appropriate staff.Coordinate and process payments of all types.
Complete accounts payable vouchers and purchase orders for the department. This includes communicating money transfers for transactions to the Treasurer's office.
Coordinate the county's random drug testing process ensuring compliance with county ordinances and policies.
Assist department staff with paperwork involved in the hiring process.
Monitor, maintain and order office supplies, maintain equipment and maintain repair and maintenance records on equipment.
Monitor office expenditures and compliance with adopted budget and board policies.
Receipt, record, and coordinate insurance/COBRA payments from employees and retirees. Work directly with Benefits Specialists as needed to facilitate claims process.
Establish and maintain organized, accurate and readily accessible office files and file systems, including the maintenance of confidential files. Scan documents, records and reports; copy materials, file paper and/or electronic information and distribute documents as required.
Maintain appropriate record keeping of account activity and correspondence related to the County's retiree health credit system.Maintain appropriate record keeping of account information related to the County’s performance management system.
Prepare a variety of documents, correspondence, memorandums and reports; design, format, proofread and edit letters, memos, reports and other materials for the department.
Handle confidential or sensitive information or documents.
Work autonomously on miscellaneous projects as assigned by the Human Resources Director and other management staff.
Maintain department calendar, schedule appointments and meetings, including meeting room reservations and arrangements for audio/visual equipment or other setup needs.
Receive, open, process and distribute department correspondence, and prepare and process outgoing mail.
Initiate work orders and liaison with public works staff for department facilities maintenance needs.
Coordinate local advertising efforts for the recruitment of open county positions.
Demonstrate a commitment to county safety and risk management efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma plus one additional year of formal preparation, and two to three years of relevant prior experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior Human Resources related work experience and software experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products or comparable office product, word processing, data processing and spreadsheets.
- Working knowledge with the ability to send, receive and save emails and attach documents.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment, including telephones, fax machines, keyboards, copiers, printers, scanners, shredders and department/division specific equipment.
- Working knowledge of computers and keyboarding needed to prepare routine/recurring documents, draft correspondence and enter data.
- General knowledge of department-specific programs and services.
- General familiarity with accounts payable concepts, purchase orders, and budgeting concepts.
- Ability to perform basic word processing, editing, data entry and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Ability to access and navigate the Internet and County or department-specific programs and applications. Prior experience with Munis and OnBase preferred.
- Proven experience in ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals as well as ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to maintain and enhance skills, participate in ongoing training and increase knowledge of County, department and division services, policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to new department/division policies, procedures, programs and environment.
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to make minor decisions using standardized practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, professional, positive and respectful working relationships and communications internally, with other County departments/divisions, clients/customers, outside agencies and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and deal with people in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Interactions and CommunicationsResponds professionally to requests and initiates contacts to exchange basic or general information with others.Decision MakingThis position has authority to make decisions that are within general procedures and protocols; supervision is available as required or requested. These decisions directly impact performance in the job and/or work unit within the department and information is provided with additional research and observations which contributes to the decision making process.Thinking and Problem SolvingIn relation to established procedures, protocols and policies of the County, challenges in this position tend to be diverse, but are typically covered by precedent or established practice.Tools & Equipment Used
Typewriter Copy Machine
Telephone FAX Machine
Calculator Personal Computer/Printer
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus