Days: Monday – Friday; occasional weekends Pay Schedule: Hourly
Hours: 1st Shift 6am-2pm
2nd Shift 2pm-10pm Physical Demand: Medium
3rd Shift 10pm-6am
Overtime: Frequent Work Pace: Machine and Self-Paced
KEY JOB DESCRIPTION
Set up folding equipment to produce folded product according to approved sample and customer specifications. Perform regular scheduled preventive maintenance and repairs on all equipment. Set up other bindery equipment needed to complete production process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Set up and operate folding equipment to fold specifications.
- Set up and operate shrink film machines and other bindery equipment.
- Use a ruler to measure product for accuracy of flat and fold size to specification.
- Inspect product with attention to details to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Read and understand job jackets, work instructions and customer specifications.
- Accurately complete job related paperwork including attribute charts and production time sheets.
- Flush out and maintain machine water scoring and gluing system.
- Set up and perform barcode/copy verifications on the barcode scanning units on the folding equipment.
- Organize parts and supplies used on the folders.
- Troubleshoot folding and bindery equipment.
- Assist operators during the production process.
- Verify make-readies for Operators in Insert Printing, Insert Cutting, and Insert Finishing.
- Maintain expected standards of productivity while adhering to all customer quality requirements and expectations.
- Communicate with operators, technicians, quality personnel and supervisor about machine issues relating to productivity and quality assurance.
- Monitor condition of machinery and report unsafe conditions and/or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Enter and retrieve data using computer.
- Maintain clean and organized work area.
- Follow cGMP requirements.
- Be dependable, on time to work and at work consistently, regular and overtime hours and weekends with short notice.
- Develop teamwork and positive relationships with co-workers.
- Adhere to all Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
- Meet all established standards of conduct and work performance.
Additional job functions may be added as necessary
Ability to operate pallet jack and powered fork truck
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations including addition, subtraction, and multiplication of whole numbers, fractions and decimals
Ability to read and comprehend information on job paperwork and accurately perform and record quality checks
Ability to take and record precise measurements
Ability to operate a hand-held calculator
Ability to input and extract data using a personal computer
Experience setting up and operating Stahl and Vijuk folders and other bindery equipment Capable of performing routine maintenance and non-routine preventive maintenance
Attention to detail, accuracy, neatness of work
Ability to work cooperatively with others and assist in training
Use of power tools as needed and high pressure air gun to clean off machines and filters.
A high degree of self-motivation, initiative and resourcefulness
Page 2 - Insert Technician
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Transport stock and material into area
- Use hand held tape gun
- Assist in other areas of production as needed
- Assist with training new employees on how to operate all equipment during the production process
- Other requirements of this job include:
- Meticulous attention to safety requirements.
- Attention to matters of cleanliness, neatness and organization, including seeing that the department is in the best possible condition at all times.
- Flexibility, including willingness to perform a variety of projects and tasks when asked, fill in for other personnel when needed and do whatever is necessary to ensure the company’s efficient operation
- Willingness to learn and ability to grasp new information quickly
- A high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and be a team player.
-Stand for up to 8 hours while operating the folders and shrink wrappers.
-Lift large stacks of paper onto feed table of folder, approximately 3 – 4 inches at a time. (Weight will vary from 2 – 15 lbs., depending upon size of sheet.)
-Lift 00-45 lbs. per case and transport them to pallet.
-Twist and bend while operating folders and packing pallets.
-Transport loads of paper using a pallet jack
-Operate powered forklift truck
-Lifting machine parts to set up equipment
-Kneel and stoop under machine to set up folders for correct fold configuration
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, PROTECTION
Vijuk and Stahl folders, shrink wrappers, bindery equipment; tape guns, rulers, pallet jacks, hot melt glue system, pressurized glue system, counting machine, computer, fork lift truck, high pressure air gun/line (blow off machines and filters), power tools, guillotine cutter
Ear protection including plugs or earmuffs; safety glasses/shields
100 % inside; ambient temperature
Oil and grease; Industrial strength cleaning solutions including VWM Varn solutions; fugitive and non-fugitive glues; hot melt adhesives